Thursday, January 13, 2011

Much to Cover

Now, I'm not planning on displaying a slideshow every time I update my blog, but it is a great way of showing lots of pictures, don't you think?!

I sure missed my family over the holidays. Of course we had the opportunity to visit Adam and Angie over Christmas break, but that didn't work out for us this time. We are very thankful to have them in California even if we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. It feels good to know that family members are (somewhat) close in proximity to us. And being the only one's in CA, Angie and I are on the phone with each other more than ever before; therefore building our relationship!



We were very lucky to have company recently. Ron and Tina visited us over Thanksgiving for a week, then left from here to their new home in Jamaica. Think we should plan a trip?!
Steve and Gail came down the end of December. Although Chris and Ava both got sick for a few days, we had a wonderful visit and New Year celebration with them! I was very excited for the opportunity to play card games for hours that night :)
Ava and Elena were both overjoyed by their grandparents at our house-just one more reason to get back to the NW one day.

Chris has officially taken the first step in registering for his Step 1 Board Exam in May. His 2nd year of school has been tough, so we are very much looking forward to 3rd year!

Love to you all!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Loved the commentary and the pics, thanks you guys! Regarding your lemon bars: that is an award winning picture-- in fact, I think I'll save it to my desktop!! :)

Leah Lamoreaux said...

Loved the slideshow!!! The girls and I just watched it!! You are so funny! So glad you guys are doing well! We miss you and are always checking in, waiting for the next update! Love being able to see into your lives, and being able to share in things even though we are far away! Give the girls loves from Payt and Madi! They love their second cousins VERY much! Sending my love to you too!! xoxo